Friday, September 10, 2010

Observation: End of Week 2

I have been a Tyler student for two weeks now.  It's been interesting, for sure.  And yet, more or less what I expected.  Lots of hipsters and indie kids.  A few Scenes.  Coffee cups in the hands of everybody.  Chill professors.  Macs everywhere. 

Just as I had expected.

I do find it amusing, though.  Just how independent Tyler seems to be from the rest of Temple even though it is on Main Campus.  It's like it's own bubble.  Tyler is the only building where people skateboard down the hallway, and the only place where you have to worry about getting hit by a bike while inside.  It has it's own cafe with hip food, like sushi and hummus and Naked juice and those weird boxes of Indian food.  It's the only building that basically takes a day off from teaching. 

It's interesting really.  I am no longer phased by people just plopping down in the middle of the hallway and pulling out their laptop, or people stapling random things to walls.  I think I'm getting used to the art school-i-ness of it all.  Which is good, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment